Solar energy has become a popular resource for generating inexpensive, green electricity and offer many benefits as the main power source for your home. With Solar PV panels, you will produce electricity more efficiently, significantly reducing your energy bill each month.
Benefits of Solar PV Panels
- The energy and heat from the sun is free. Once Solar PV panels are installed, there are no electrical expenses necessary to power them.
- Solar cells can last a lifetime.
- Solar power takes advantage of Net Metering, the practice of crediting homeowners for electricity they produce and return to the power grid. You can also sell your surplus electricity back to the grid.
- There are no moving parts, thus requiring very little maintenance.
- Solar PV panels don’t make any noise while extracting energy from the sun.
- Solar PV panels don’t need direct sunlight to work; they can still generate some electricity when it is overcast.
- Solar power is reliable – when power lines are broken or utility companies fail, solar polar still captures energy from the sun.
- Electricity can be stored in solar batteries for future usage.
- Solar power is versatile, powering inventions such as cars, water heaters, fountains, buildings, and satellites.
- Solar PV creates jobs. The production of solar panels for domestic use is becoming a growing source of employment in research, manufacture, sales, and installation.
Solar PV Environmental Benefits
- Solar Energy is a renewable resource. This means we are not in danger of depleting the earth’s reserves.
- It is non-polluting. Unlike oil, solar power usage does not emit any greenhouse gases, nor does the acquisition of it harm ecosystems through spills or dredging.
- A typical home solar PV system has the potential to save over a ton of carbon dioxide per year.